I am very excited yet apprehensive to be returning to work after such a long break with numerous changes that require to be put in place.
For both our safety and well-being moving forward it is important that you read the procedures below so as to hopefully have a smooth transition back to being able to offer hands-on treatments.
Please note that the only treatments available from Monday 6th July 2020 will be as follows:
|Pain, Performance & Injury Clinic|
|New Client Appointment||£55||1st Part – Phone/Video Conference||30-45mins|
|2nd Part – Hands-on Treatment:||45mins|
|Follow-up Appointment||£45||1st Part – Phone/Video Conference||15mins|
|2nd Part – Hands-on Treatment:||45mins|
|* Cancellation or No-Show charges will NOT apply if Covid-19 related.|
Booking an Appointment
All new clients will go through an initial consultation process just like before, however, to reduce face-to-face contact time this will be carried out in 2 parts. The 1st part via phone or video conferencing at a scheduled date and time, the 2nd part will be the in-person hands-on treatment. An Ignite Therapies Consultation form and Covid-19 Consent form will also be sent out to you via email which you must complete and send back to me BEFORE our scheduled 1st part face-to-face chat. The Covid-19 Consent form will be required to be completed BEFORE EVERY appointment you attend.
When booking an appointment just like new clients this will be done in 2 parts. The 1st part will be a short update consultation which will be done via phone or video conferencing at a scheduled date and time prior to the 2nd part. The 2nd part will be your in-person hands-on treatment. Just like New Clients you will be asked to fill in the Covid-19 Consent form BEFORE EVERY appointment.
Covid-19 Consent Form:
What is this?This form is to assess your exposure to Covid-19 and is required to be completed by EVERY client prior to EVERY treatment session. If you are considered a high-risk/vulnerable client, then it may not be possible to treat you at this time. Please see Contra-indications to Treatment section.
*Important Note for ALL Clients:
If you develop ANY Covid-19 symptoms (see below), regardless of how mild they seem, please do not attend for your appointment. Please notify me as soon as possible.
- High Temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- New, Continuous Cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss or Change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you have noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Contra-indications to Treatment
The following groups of people are deemed “high-risk” or “clinically vulnerable” and therefore MUST seek GP APPROVAL prior to booking an appointment. If GP approval is not granted, then unfortunately I must refuse treatment until such time as it can be granted.
Note: I am under no obligation to treat anyone. If I feel it is unsafe for you or myself, I will not allow treatment to proceed.
- Having cancer treatments that lower the immune system? (chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy, bone marrow or stem cell transplant)
- Organ transplant, taking immunosuppressants or high doses of steroids
- Have a respiratory condition (cystic fibrosis, asthma, COPD, emphysema, or bronchitis)
- Have a serious heart condition or disease (high blood pressure, heart failure)
- Have type 1 or 2 Diabetes
- Have chronic kidney and/or liver disease
- Have a compromised immune system and are at risk of infection
- Have a neurological condition (Parkinson’s Disease, Motor Neurone Disease, Multiple Sclerosis or Cerebral Palsy)
- Currently Pregnant
- Are 70 years old or older
Prior to your Appointment
Before you leave your home please consider if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms.
- High Temperature?
- New, Continuous Cough?
- Loss or Change to your sense of smell or taste?
If yes to any of those questions, please postpone or cancel your appointment.
How attending for your appointment will now look:
- Arrive on time or as close as possible for your scheduled appointment time.
- Arrive alone to your appointment – unless a chaperone is required, and this has been pre-arranged.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- Once you enter the clinic you will be required to remove your shoes, wash your hands (dry them with paper towels) or use sanitiser.
- Your temperature will be taken with a contact-less thermometer
- Wear easy to move in and easy to remove clothes. You will be given a container to store your clothes if required to undress. Avoid wearing jewellery and if you have long hair please ensure you have it tied up.
- Any soft furnishing seats will be covered with couch roll if they have not been replaced with a plastic alternative.
- The massage table will have been thoroughly disinfected with clean linens/coverings.
- I will be wearing PPE (face mask and/or visor and an apron). You are encouraged to bring your own mask, if you do not have one or forgotten one will be provided. If provided with one at the end of your treatment, please leave the mask on the massage table.
- If you are a “key worker” you MUST shower and change all your clothes before attending for your appointment.
- The treatment will then continue as per usual.
- Ideally payment should be made prior to your appointment via Bank Transfer. If unable to do this, then payment can be taken in session via card reader or cash.
- On leaving the premises try to avoid touching anything as you leave.
- The use of the toilet facilities is still available.
- There will be 30 minutes between appointments to allow full turn around and cleaning of the treatment room and clinic prior to the next client.
After your Appointment
If you develop ANY Covid-19 symptoms within 7 days of an appointment, regardless of where you think you have contracted it you MUST notify me IMMEDIATELY!!!
Phew! I think that’s everything covered. If you have any questions or queries or would like to book an appointment please get in touch.
Despite all the changes required to be implemented I am excited and grateful to be able to open!
See you soon!